Friday, November 26, 2010

And Now For Something Completely Different.

I understand that my last post was about as cryptic as it could get, all things considered, but there's a reason for that.

I didn't want to talk about it.

Pretty simple, mind you, but totally true. Thanksgiving was coming up and I didn't want to spend what is otherwise a perfectly pleasant holiday worrying about something that had scared the everliving shit out of me. It's just bad juju, so to speak.  I did, however, have an amazingly awesome Thanksgiving with great food and great family, and on that front, I couldn't ask for more.

But I've decided to talk about what happened because of last night. Now, no, I didn't see anything. Didn't hear anything, for that matter, but as I was lying down to go to bed, I just got this feeling.

I'm not the type of person to have nightmares - and when I do, they fade so quickly that I rarely remember them anyway. I wasn't the kid that would wake up from night-terrors either. I didn't have issues with closet doors being open, nor did I ever tell my parents that I thought there was a monster under the bed. Last night though, I couldn't shake the feeling that if any of me hung off the bed, something was going to snatch me and drag me beneath it. So I pretty much spent all night positioning myself so that none of me was near the edge of the bed - which isn't easy, as I don't have a very big bed.

So after that, I've decided to write about what happened earlier this week. I'm not doing it to inform people - it's more of one of those things where I'm doing it to get it off my chest, get it out in the open, in hopes of feeling better. I don't know if it will work, but I'm gungho for it anyway, and once I set my mind to something, I generally go for it.

Basically, it was the same place as what happened before - in the lot behind my house, between my street and the grocery store. It was about seven at night - and with winter here, that means it was already dark - but I had run out of Dr. Pepper and seeing as there was pretty much nothing else to drink(save tap water and trust me, tap water here is balls), so I ran to the store real fast to get some.

I've updated my horrible sketch with an actual Google Map screenshot (I've blurred out street names, for my own protection. Don't need any stalkers!). The red dot is my house. The [X] is the strange chain length box I mentioned before. The greed stuff is the trees. The blue X is where I was at, when this all went down and the black X is what I saw this time(as opposed to last time. My old sketch is still up, if you want to see that.)

I was walking across the empty lot behind the small little cage when I see something at the far edge of the opposite woods. This would be the upper area in the diagram: the black lines indicate the curb that's right there. This whole lot, you see, is paved: it's the back side area for the grocery store, and several other stores. Right as I'm getting behind that cage, is when I noticed it(I'm not sure if that's relevant or not. It's the second time I've been there, that I've seen something).

Now, the last time I saw something, I know that I saw the form of a tall man, wearing a suit. Okay. That's cool. At the time, I didn't get a good look at him as he was quite a ways away from me, and I, personally, am about as blind as a bat. It would stand to reason that if I couldn't see him well in broad daylight, it's going to be harder in the dark, and I'll admit that, to a degree, it was harder, but...not because it was dark.

In my last post, I discussed the Slenderman, and all of the reading I've done up on him. I know what people say the Slenderman looks like. I know what to expect, but...what I saw was like...I don't know, the Slenderman in disguise? The Slenderman's older brother? I don't know.

It was a tall man (seriously tall. I've got good spacial perception, and I would guess that this man was easily over seven feet tall), wearing a black suit(I noticed his tie was red. Deep, rich red, like...bricks). But the weird thing was his face. Do you remember how, in school or something, when you watched a movie on an overhead? Or if your teacher used the overhead projector? And how, if they stood in front of it, it would project the image onto them? That is what his face was like. His face didn't look real, as if someone was just throwing an image on it. But it wasn't just his face. This man had hair, too - insanely long black hair, all the way down to the ground, almost.

He was far enough away from you that I can't give you exact details about his features - I don't know how big his nose was, you know? - but I remember his eyes, because they didn't seem like eyes at all. It was like he had two holes, where his eyes should've been, that were black.

--And before people start saying I saw some Masky bullshit, no. It wasn't like that. Masky is clearly wearing a mask, with black around the eyeholes. This wasn't like that. This was more like he didn't have eyes at all, but just holes in his face.

I had to have stood there ten minutes, not moving, watching this thing. I was afraid that if I moved, he'd hear me and then it would so be on. He/It/Whatever never so much as looked in my direction, though. It watched the sky, though. I don't know if he was just fucking stargazing or looking for UFOs to take him back to the mothership, or what, but I heard that sound again. That toothgrating, high-pitched warbling sound. It wasn't quite as bad this time, though - it was almost like it was two sounds, this time. There was the annoying sound, and another ....I don't know, hollow sound. It sort of reminded me of the very deep, empty sound of funeral bells. It was surprisingly sombre and sorta sad.

After about ten minutes or so, the suit-wearing dude just turned around and walked into that copse of trees right there. I'm pretty sure that was the longest ten minutes of my life, too. I was so sure that he was going to turn and look at me and then chase me home. I'm not entirely sure I'd've outrun him, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment